Saturday 1 June 2013

My Concert History

As someone who has a passion for Music of many kinds. I feel at a disadvantage sometimes when it comes to where I live. I was born in Taunton and as well as Taunton I have lived in Yeovil and now Ilminster. Anyone who knows about English Geography would know that these places are not that close to London. I have mostly gone to London when seeing artists live but I have missed out on a great many concerts I would love to have gone too because of where I live. Just today I am missing "The Sound of Change" at Twickenham Stadium where many of the worlds biggest performers will be on stage. Haim are a new band that I have come to love since hearing them a few months ago and they are performing there today and I missed out on seeing them the other night too. Below is a list of who I have seen live in the past six years and it will go to show just how many I could have seen if I had lived a bit nearer to somewhere like London or Birmingham as I usually have to stay over in a hotel and have sometimes stayed in the Coach station for an early coach back home. Here's the list.

Concert List

Boyz II Men (6 times)
Thea Gilmore (3 times)
Eric Clapton (2 times)
John Mayer (2 times)
Joe Bonamassa (2 times)
Velvet Revolver (2 times)
Joe Thomas (2 times)
Zico Chain (2 times)
Beverley Knight (2 times)
Regina Spektor
Jagged Edge
Brian McKnight
Black Stone Cherry
Robert Randolph
Jessie J
Kelly Clarkson
Jason Mraz
The Civil Wars
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Joanne Shaw Taylor
Tristan Mackay

There we have it. I have seen more artists at festivals and supporting but these are the ones which I actually wanted to see there. As you can see there are many artists I have seen more than once and also there are 12 names there of people I have seen once so I've gone to a fair few gigs in my time. I absolutely love going to see my favourite artists perform live and hopefully with Twitter I will get to meet a few of my favourite followers at a gig as one of the reasons I follow some people on there is of course because we have similar music taste. I love looking on Twitter after the gig to see tweets from people who have gone to the same gig as I had. It makes it even more special if you can share it with someone. If I lived nearer to London or another big City I would go to many more gigs as there wouldn't be the extra expense of travel and accommodation. Do you experience the same problems as I do with living away from where you regularly go to gigs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment